Earlier, Xiaomi finally revealed the much talked about Mi4i, it is the newer and Lollipop based cheaper version of the Mi4 that has an ultra compact unibody design at just 7.8 mm thickness and 130g which is the lightest in its category.
It uses a 5 inches FHD Corning Fully Laminated Sharp/JDI OGS 1080p display that has 441 ppi that has very good viewing angles. Under the hood it is powered by a 64 bit 1.7 GHz Snapdragon 615 octa core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal storage and 3120 mAh of battery capacity.
One of the main features that this phone boast is its camera as the new Mi4i has a 13 MP Sony / Samsung f/2.0 sensor that's very good with low light condition, great HDR features and good color tuning. The front camera boast a 5 MP f/1.8 that has beautify features which could be great for selfies.
|Mi4i benchmark scores|
Mi 4i Specs
- Display: 5 inches Full HD Sharp / JDI IPS (441 ppi)
- Processor: 1.7 GHz 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa core
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 GB
- Rear Camera :13 MP Sony/Samsung, f/2.0 2nd-gen stacked CMOS sensor w/ two-tone flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP front camera, f/1.8 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle
- SIM: Dual-SIM (micro), Dual-Standby (Optional)
- Connectivity: 3G HSPA+, 4G/LTE (Optional), WiFi 802.11 ac, WiFi Direct, MU-MIMO, GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 3,120 mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop w/ MIUI 6
- Dimensions: 7.8 mm
- Weight: 130g
The Mi4i is priced at around PHP 9.1K. It will be available in India via Flipkart on April 30 and Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia will follow. The sad news here is they didn't mention when it will be available in the Philippines. I'm keeping my finger crossed that it will come here very soon.