As we have noticed, Samsung has been sticking to a single letter naming convention for its smartphones. They first released the Galaxy A series followed by the Galaxy E. Now, the company is now preparing to unveil the J series with the upcoming release of the Galaxy J1 (SM-J100). It's Samsung's newest low end smartphone that's powered by a 64-bit processor (1.2GHz quad-core Marvel PXA1908).
The Galaxy J1 packs a 4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, 5MP and 2MP rear and front cameras, 1850 mAh battery, Android 4.4 KitKat. It comes in 4 variants: Single-SIM LTE, Dual-SIM LTE, Single-SIM 3G, and Dual-SIM 3G.
- Display: 4.3-inch WVGA
- Processor: 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core Marvell PXA1908
- RAM: 1GB
- ROM: 4GB, expandable via microSD
- Rear Camera: 5MP
- Front Camera: 2MP (LTE Variant) / VGA (3G variant)
- Battery: 1,850 mAh
- OS:Android 4.4 KitKat
- Others: Ultra Power Saving Mode
- Variants: Single-SIM LTE, Dual-SIM LTE, Single-SIM 3G, and Dual-SIM 3G
Samsung Galaxy J1 is expected to be announced this January 14. Pricing and availability are unknown yet.