Xiaomi has officially introduced its follow up to the highly successful Redmi 1S. Dubbed as the Redmi 2S, this new phone still has the same 4.7 Inches 720 x 1280 display, an upgraded Snapdragon 410 processor, a more powerful Adreno 306 GPU and the same RAM at 1 GB.
Aside from that this new phone from Xiaomi still has that same 8 GB on board that's expandable up to 64 GB, still has the same great 8 MP rear camera, the front facing camera was upgraded into 2 MP. The battery capacity is also a little higher now at 2,200 mAh and an Android 4.4.4 Kitkat pre-installed.
- Display: 4.7 Inches Perfect IPS, 1280 x 720 (312 ppi)
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Quadcore 64 bit (Cortex A53 structure, 1.5 times faster than A7)
- GPU: Adreno 306
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB expandable up to 64 GB
- Rear Camera: 8 MP
- Front Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: 2,200 mAh Samsung Cells
- OS: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat with MIUI 6
- Connectivity: WiFi / 3G / LTE / Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 9.4 mm thick
- Weight:133 grams
- Price: USD 112.60 (Around PHP 5,053.54)
Although the Redmi 2S didn't have the 2 GB of RAM we expected, it has that much awaited LTE connectivity that would be the delight of most people. The smartphone will be available in white, black, green, yellow and pink. It can also be pre-ordered today at the just the price of USD 112.60. There's no word about the official non pre-order price yet though.