Corning recently revealed the first smartphone to sport the latest Gorilla Glass 4. (Wanna guess?) Yes, it's the Samsung Galaxy Alpha! The Gorilla Glass 4 is the company's most
damage-resistant cover glass to date.
The less than 7mm thick Galaxy ALPHA coupled with Gorilla Glass 4 cover glass provides sophisticated look that doesn't sacrifice functionality and durability of the product. According to Corning:
“Corning spends a great deal of time collaborating with Samsung to recommend solutions that will continually improve their device design and performance,” said Cliff Hund, general manager and president, Corning East Asia. “Device makers want to go thinner without sacrificing damage resistance. Samsung is not only meeting these requirements, but is on the cutting edge of smartphone design. The Galaxy ALPHA is the culmination of our close collaboration with Samsung.”
The handset sports a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capactive display and is powered by 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 & 1.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A7. It features MaliT628 MP6 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory (non-expandable), 12MP rear camera, 2.1MP front camera and 1860 mAh Li-Ion battery capacity. It runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. The Galaxy Alpha comes in different colors: Charcoal Black, Sleek Silver, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Scuba Blue.
- Display: 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1280 pixels, 312 ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 4'
- Processor: 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 & 1.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A7
- GPU: MaliT628 MP6
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 32 GB, non-expandable
- Rear Camera: 12MP, autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 2.1MP
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Battery: 1860 mAh Li-Ion
- Connectivity: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, LTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, heart rate
- Dimensions: 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7mm
- Weight: 115grams
- Colors: Charcoal Black, Sleek Silver, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Scuba Blue