Huawei has formally announced its latest top of the line phone! The Huawei P8 packs an aluminum unibody, 5.2 FHD display, the powerful 64 bit Kirin 930 octa core CPU, 13 MP OIS 4 color sensor with DSLR-level Independent Imaging Signal Processor, 8 MP front camera, dua LTE, 2,600 mAh and Android 5.0 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1. It also have a new feature wherein you can use your knuckles to input commands.
|Huawei P8, photo credits to the owner|
DSLR level imaging on a smartphone?
During the announcement of this phone, the most interesting feature is the IISP or the DLSR level type of imaging technology that this phone is capable of. I wonder how will that fare up against real DSLR cameras. It's an exciting innovation though as I'm hopeful that this can really be a good alternative to camera's for people on the go.
There are 2 versions...
The standard and the premium version which we still don't know the exact difference yet. So far it is confirmed that they'll be using Kirin 930 and 935 processors and have 3 GB of RAM.
Huawei P8 Specs
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS Full HD at 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Processor: 64 bit Kirin 930 / 935 octa core
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM: 16 GB expandable via microSD card up to 64 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP OIS and 4-color RGBW sensor, DSLR-level Independent Imaging Signal Processor (IISP)
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop w/ EMUI 3.1
- Connectivity: WiFi / Bluetooth / 3G / Dual LTE
- Others: Huawei Signal+, Huawei Roaming+, Huawei Voice+
- Colors: Silver, gold, black and grey
- Dimensions: 144.9 x 71.8 x 6.4mm
- Price: USD 530 / USD 635 Premium
I'm just a bit disappointed that the battery capacity of the phone is just at 2,600 mAh. Hopefully, Huawei made this a very battery optimized phone to be a good buddy for an entire day. Overall, it seems to be a solid flagship device that could catch a lot of attention due to it's camera.
It might retail here in the Philippines next month at around USD 530 (around 23.5K) for the standard version and USD 635 (around 28.2K) for the premium version