The Android One project was first announced in the Google I/O event last June 2014. The project is Google's initiative to offer low cost and affordable devices packed with powerful features. The low cost smartphone manufacturers such as MicroMax, Karbon and Spice will feature the Android One.
Before its official release date (September 15, 2014) in India, the Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-48 leaks on FlipKart. Spice Android One is packed with 4-inch display, Media Tek quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory expandable up to 32GB, 10Gb Spice Cloud Storage, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, 1700 mAh batter capacity and Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
|Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-48|
Other manufacturers that will feature the Android One has managed to keep their products away from any leaks before the release date. The Android One Smartphones will be available on September 15 2014, 3:30 PM onwards. Micromax Android One devices will be available via Amazon India, while Karbonn Android One will be available via Snapdeal.
- Display: 4.5 - inch IPS display
- Processor: 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- ROM: 4GB, Expandable up to 32 GB via MicroSD
- Cloud Storage: 10GB Spice Cloud Storage, 35GB Google Drive Space when you register the phone
- Rear Camera: 5MP with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Battery: 1700 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, A-GPS
- Others: Dual SIM
- Price: Rs 6,999 (around Php5K)