Finally, the long wait is over! The much awaited successor to the king of smartphones last 2014 was finally launched! Just like what they did with the G3 last year, the new G4 is arguably one of the most gorgeous handsets you'll see out there.
|This is the new LG G4!|
It has that awesome looking 5.5 inches QHD IPS Quantum Display with a jaw dropping 535 ppi. The aesthetics of the phone also looks classy as you have the choice to get either the full touch vegetable tanned full grain leather or the regular premium back covers. Personally, I like the leather version more as it looks really good with that. I also loved that slim arc design that could give you a better hold of the phone. Under the hood while this phone is powered by a 1.8 GHz Snapgragon 808 hexa core processor, Adreno 418 GPU, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB expandable internal storage, X10 LTE, NFC, Infrared, 3000 mAh battery and Android 5.1 Lollipop. While the phone clearly upgraded the internals of this phone, I feel that it lags behind the other flagships like the One M9, Xperia Z4 ang Galaxy S6 that uses more powerful processors.
- Display: 5.5-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display @ 1440×2560 pixels Corning Gorilla Glass 4 (538 ppi)
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 hexa core
- GPU: Adreno 418
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM: 32 GB expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 16 MP f/1.8 AF rear camera w/l LED, dual tone Flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-Ion
- SIM: Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby
- Connectivity: WiFi, 3G, HSPA+, LTE X10 (450 MBPS), GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Infrared, FM Radio, Bluetooth 4.0
- Others: USB OTG, Optional cowhide leather back cover
- Weight: 162g
- Colors: Black Titan, Shiny Gold and Ceramic White
When it comes to the camera, this is something that LG really prides themselves so much and why not? The G4 utilizes a 16 MP laser autofocus f/1.8 rear camera with 4K video recording and an 8 MP selfie camera. It is special as it has that raw camera support and has that biggest sensor on a smartphone out there yet that can give you amazing wide angle shots. Aside from that it also has manual controls for photographers out there. So in case you forgot your DSLR, this one is not a bad alternative. They're also saying that the one used with the front camera is no slough too as you can take great shots with its wide angled f/2.0 lens.
Check the amazing camera of the G4 in this video
Overall, while I don't think that the new G4 was not the best spec'ed handset in the world. The LG G4 might give you the best overall experience due to that amazing display, a cut among the rest camera and gorgeous classy leather design.