It seems like the 4 GB RAM powered Asus ZenFone 2 is really gearing up to be a beast! According to reports it is one of the few phones that was able to break 50K mark! It was able to top the current leader which is the MX4!
Is this the rise of Intel powered smartphones?
The Asus Zenfone 2 is probably the only phone to utilize a quad core 2.3 GHz Intel Atom Z3580 SoC. This could be a trend as that processor seems to have a lot of power in it. Plus the Zenfone is priced at just around PHP 13K which means that the processor they're using might be not that expensive compared to the higher end Snapdragons. Aside from the processor the other cause of that 50K benchmark is the PowerVR Rogue G6430 GPU that's built for serious gamers.
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1920×1080 pixels, 403ppi
- Processor: 2.33GHz Intel Atom Z3580 64-bit quad-core
- GPU: 533 MHz Intel HD
- RAM: 2GB / 4GB LPDDR3-1600 RAM
- ROM: 16GB / 64GB internal storage
- Rear Camera: 13MP Dual Color Real Tone Flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Li-Po 3,000mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Asus Zen UI
- Connectivity: LTE Cat. 4 150Mbps, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with aGPS support
- SIM: Dual-SIM, Dual-LTE
- Price: Starting at USD 199
However the version used to do this benchmark is the 2GB version only and have a 720 x 1280 display. I'm sure that the score could be different with the 4 GB and 1080 x 1920 version. It could be lower or higher.