A few days ago Microsoft Luma's selfie phone arrived in our HQ for our review. It is dubbed as a selfie phone because it packs a great Full HD 5 MP wide angle camera. Aside from that this phone is also a decent mid-range phone as it packs good specs for the price. Getting interested? Here's our unboxing and initial impressions!
|The colorful Lumia 730!|
What's in the box?
|Inside the package!|
- USB Cables
- Quick Guide
- Earbuds with mic
- Lumia 730 itself
Oh there you go you'll find the standard package that includes a 1.3 Amps adapter, USB cables that seems to have a durable build, a decent sounding earbuds with mic for calls, the quick guide for your reference and the gorgeous Lumia 730 itself!
A good looking phone that's built to last!
|Lumia 730, disassembled!|
|The surprisingly good speakers below (will talk more about this goodness)|
|The standard microusb port|
|The power button and volume rocker|
|The gorgeous display!|
This is a phone that's built to last even with a lot of abuse! As we all know durability is the forte of the good old Nokia brand that's present with the Lumia series. The Lumia 730 uses a type of polycarbonate plastic that's made out of durable materials. With my few days with it, I can say that this one is not scratch friendly and there might not be a need of a phone case anymore. The curved glass display also feels that it can take a few drops without having to break the glass. However, the unit that was sent to us has a visible scratch in it so there might be a need for a screen protector. Overall, this is a definition of a phone that's made out of plastic but feels more durable than most aluminum made local phones. I may be right to say that this is the build and design inspiration of the popular colorful phones like the MyPhone Rio Series and the Redmi 1S!
- Display: 4.7” HD OLED (1280 x 720, 16:9), 316 PPI, Curved glass (2.25D), ClearBlack, SuperSensitive Touch, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability enhancements
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926)
- RAM: 1GB RAM,
- ROM: 8 GB internal user memory; 15 GB OneDrive cloud storage , micro SD expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 6.7 MP FF ZEISS, f/1.9, Full HD video (1920 x 1080 @ 30fps), LED Flash.
- Front Camera: Full HD 5 MP wide angle (2596x1948) f/2.4, Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio, Lumia Selfie
- Battery: 2220 mAh capacity (removable)
- OS: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS/GLONASS, BeiDou, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB, BT 4.0 LE, Micro SIM
- Others: 3.5 mm AV connector (AHJ), Dual microphone, FM Radio, Internet radio
- Dimensions: 134.7 x 68.5 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Price: PHP 11,990.00
As of the moment...
At this point in time! I'm having a great time with this phone! I'm liking the rear camera photo quality better than the good Redmi 1s cam, the selfie camera seems to be as great as advertised and the build quality looks to have that tank like durability. I also fell in love with the quality of its microphone and overall audio quality. When using the phone with regular usage, internet and multitasking I haven't experienced lag yet. That should be because of the phone's great ram management. I'll be digging deeper with this phone in a few more days and I'll immediately share my findings with you in our full review.
For the full review: Click Here!