Last month, we told you about LG Electronics' brand new concept of mobile with the introduction of LG AKA. Now it has been officially announced!
Dubbed as the "world's first 'character in' smartphone, the handset features animated eyes designed to respond to user activity. Users would be able to select from four kinds of persona / character by choosing different types of 'moving pupils' shape, color, UX and sound effects. The eyes don't just simply animate, as they can function as an alert for notifications and can provide battery status information.
LG AKA sports a 5-inch HD IPS display and is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor. It features 1.5 GB of RAM, 16 GB internal memory, 8 MP rear camera, 2.1 MP front camera and 2610 mAh battery capacity. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
- Display: 5.0 inches HD IPS display
- Processor: 1.2Ghz Quad-Core
- RAM: 1.5GB DDR3 RAM
- ROM: 16GB eMMC, expandable via microSD slot
- Rear Camera:8 MP
- Front Camera: 2.1MP
- Battery: 2610mAh
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Connectivity Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0), Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, n, ac), NFC, A-GPS, USB 2.0, LTE / LTE broadband
- Dimensions: 138.7 x 71.9 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 135.5g (w/o front cover the slide),157g (with the front slide cover)
- Colors: White, Yellow, Navy, Pink
- Persona: (White) / Egi (Yellow) / Soul (Navy) / yo (Pink)
The LG AKA is now available in South Korea. The company however did not reveal if it will also be available to other markets. Hopefully, it will!
What do you think about this cute smartphone? Comment your thoughts below.