Asus officially announced the SRP of the stripped down version of the Zenfone 5, the Zenfone 5 Lite. It is officially priced at Php 5,595 and will be available in all authorized concept stores and re-sellers next week.
When compared to the ZenFone 5, the Lite variant has a less powerful processor, bigger battery that makes the handset slightly thicker and heavier, and has a lower-res front camera and screen.
The handset sports a 5-inch qHD IPS display (860 x 540 pixels resolution) and is powered by 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2520 dual-core. It features 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of expandable memory, 8 MP rear camera, 0.3 MP front camera and 2,500 mAh battery. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with ZenUI.
- Display: 5-inch qHD IPS, 860 x 540 pixels, 220ppi, Soda Lime Glass
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z2520 dual-core
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB, expandable up to 64 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 8 MP AF with LED Flash, f2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 0.3 MP, f2.8 aperture
- Battery: 2,500 mAh Li-Po
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with ZenUI
- Connectivity: 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/b/n, Bluetooth 4.0 EDR, A2DP, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 72.8 x 10.8mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Colors: Charcoal Black, Ceramic White, Cherry Red