Alongside Nexus 6 and Android Lollipop, Google also unveils the Nexus 9, an 8.9-inch Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Tablet manufactured by Taiwanese hardware maker HTC.
HTC Nexus 9 features a premium metal build, QXGA (2049x 1536) display and Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device is powered by a 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 dual-core processor. It also features 2 GB of RAM, 16 and 32 GB internal memory, 8 MP rear camera, 1.6 front camera and 6700 mAh battery capacity (around 9 hours of battery life).
- Display:8.9 - inch QXGA (2048 x 1536) IPS LCD, 287 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2.5 GHz 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1 dual-core
- GPU: 192-core Kepler
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB Internal Memory
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with auto-focus and LED flash, f/2.4
- Front Camera: 1.6 MP front camera, f/2.4
- Battery: 6700 mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Connectivity: 3G, LTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO), NFC Bluetooth 4.1
- Telephony: Quad-band GSM, CDMA, Penta-band HSPA, LTE
- Sensors: GPS, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer
- Others: Double Tap to Wake, Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5mm audio, Dual front-facing speakers with HTC BoomSoundTM, Dual microphones
- Dimensions: 153.68 mm x 228.25 mm x 7.95 mm
- Weight: 425g (Wi-Fi), 436g (LTE)
- Colors: Indigo Black, Lunar White, Sand
Price and Availability
Nexus 9 comes in either Black or White Color and will be available in 3 configurations:
- 16 GB - $399 (Around Php 17,903.13)
- 32 GB - $479 (Around Php 21,492.73)
- 32 GB (LTE) - $599 (Around Php 26,877.13)
The LTE version will have the Sand Color and will be available this late 2014.
The Nexus 9 will be available for pre-order on October 17 and is expected to show up in stores on November 3. In the coming weeks, Google is planning to launch Nexus 9 in 29 countries. In US, you can buy it through Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Google Play, Radio Shack, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, QVC/HSN and Walmart.