Gone are the days where we can only store limited files to our storage devices or having not enough space to save our huge movie / multimedia files. It started with diskette, then comes the hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, and then comes the portable version of hard drives and now the portable SSD like the Transcend 1TB ESD400.
|Transcend 1TB ESD400 Portable SSD|
Its just fun to think that a 1 Terabyte drive can now fit inside your pocket unlike the big, bulky and prone to corruption hard drives due to its mechanical parts. Imagine, its now very convenient to carry a huge capacity drive just by having this Transcend SSD without worrying it to be easily broken.
What's inside the box?
- 1 x ESD400 SDD
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Travel Pouch
- Quick Starter Guide
- Warranty Card
Build & DesignThe Transcend ESD400 is sleek looking mini hard drive yet quite stylish to look at. The build is made of a plastic casing with a reflective surface at the top and matte texture at the sides and bottom parts. The logo is reflective that's aluminum plated which is also nice to look at.
|Back view where the labels are located|
|The upper side has the 3.0 USB port and the One Touch Backup button|
|View of the other side with the Transcend logo|
|View with the USB 3.0 cable inserted to the drive|
|The Transcend ESD400 with the USB 3.0 cable|
To test the full capability of the Transcend SSD, we conducted benchmark tests to see if really provide the performance and speed it promises it to. Below is the test system specification of the PC / Laptop that is used to conduct this benchmark:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 (1.7GHz, 4 CPUs)
- Model: Dell Inspiron 3442
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVDIA GEFORCE
- Hard drive (internal): 500GB
- SSD to test: 1TB Transcend ESD400
- OS: Windows 8.1
- USB: USB 3.0
|Crystaldisk Info and SSD properties|
The Transcend ESD400 features the TS1TESD400K SSD inside with the capacity of 1024.2 GB and formated to NTSC file format with a usable 953GB storage. It also has an average temperature of 35-degree Celsius.
|CrystalDiskMark Benchmark tool|
So far the Transcend ESD400 performs well in the READ & WRITE transfers speeds and do what it says on its claims.
**We'll update this part again for the copy test/s.
Transcend ESD400 SSD Specifications
- Size: 92 x 62 x 10.5 mm (3.62" x 2.44" x 0.41")
- Weight: 56g (1.98oz)
- Storage Media: NAND Flash
- Operating Temperature: 0°C(32°F)~70°C(158°F)
- Operating Voltage: DC 5V
- LED Indicator: Power, Data Transfer, USB 2.0 / 3.0
- Connection Bandwidth:USB 3.0: Up to 5Gb/s, USB 2.0: Up to 480Mb/s
- Performance: Read up to 410MB/s; Write up to 380MB/s
- System Requirements: Desktop or notebook computer with a USB port (A USB 3.0 port is needed for USB 3.0 performance)
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32bit or 64bit)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Superfast transfer speeds (Read & Write)
- Very lightweight & portable
- One Click / Touch Backup
- There are other storage sizes variants to choose from
- Can withstand excessive shock and vibration unlike HDs
- Quite pricey as of the moment
The Transcend ESD400 is intended for people who are in need of fast transfer speed, high storage capacity and portable drive. While it is quite pricey as of the moment with the price tag of Php23,000, its worth the money of the buyer as it delivers what it promises in the package. We highly recommend it to people who need a fast & portable solutions to their needs or you just want to upgrade your storage and have the money.