Few days ago, Samsung introduced the intriguing Galaxy A8. It's a big handset that's quite powerful, feature packed and has a thickness of just 5.9 mm making it the thinnest Samsung device to date.
The A8 features a 5.7 inch Super AMOLED screen with 1080p resolution and pixel desity of 386 ppi. Under the hood it runs on a midrange 64 bit 1.5 GHz octa core Snapdragon 615 GPU, Adreno 405 GPU, has an ample 2 GB of RAM, 16 / 32 GB internal storage expandable up to 128 GB and 3050 mAh of battery.
This smartphone also features an appealing f/1.9 16 MP rear camera sensor that ensures you of good shots even under poor lighting conditions and a 5 MP selfie shooter good for video calls. It also has a fingerprint scanner on the home button and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop on board. It comes in Black, White and Gold variants.
Samsung Galaxy A8 Specs
- Display: 5.7 Inches FHD Super AMOLED (386 ppi)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz 64 Bit Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Mali 405
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 16 MP f/1.9 w/ LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 3,050mAh battery
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop w/ Touchwiz UI
- Connectivity: WiFi, 3G, FDD LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS
- Others: Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm
- Weight: 151g
- Weight: USD 515 (Around PHP 23,324.09)
The Galaxy A8 is priced at USD 515 and will be released on July 24 in Korea. Hopefully, it will be released soon globally too as we'll definitely wait for it here in the Philippines.