After the the world of ultra affordable handsets with great specs has been disrupted by the Meizu M1 Note early this year, the highly touted Alcatel Flash Plus was released to beat everybody else which made almost all local branded phones above 6500 pesos labeled as "overpriced".
|Meizu M2 Note Vs Alcatel Flash Plus Specs Comparison (Battle Of The Game Changers)|
As expected, Meizu won't let anybody steal their crown as one of the top bang per buck smartphone makers in the world that easily as they immediately announced the much affordable Meizu M2 Note.
Alcatel Flash Plus Specs
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD at 720×1280 pixels
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Mediatek MT6752M octa-core
- GPU: Mali T760 MP2
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB expandable via microSD card slot
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Sony IMX214, f/2.0, 1/3.06-inch CMOS sensor, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP selfie camera, f/2.0
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update-able to Lollipop
- Connectivity: WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS w/ aGPS / Dual-SIM, Dual-LTE, FDD /TD-LTE
- Price: PHP 6,490
Meizu M2 Note Specs
- Display: 5.5 inches IGZO display at 1080p (403 ppi) AGC Dragontrail/NEG T2X-1
- Processor: 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6753 Cortex A53 octa core
- GPU: Mali-T720
- RAM: 2 GB LPDD3 800MHz
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f/2.2 w/ 5 element lens
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/2.0 CMOS
- Battery: 3100 mAh Sony cells
- OS: Android 5 Lollipop w/ Flyme OS
- Connectivity: WiFi / Bluetooth / Dual LTE / 3G
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 75.2 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 149 g
- Price: USD 130 (16 GB) USD 160 (32 GB)
When you compare the specs on paper, it appears that the Meizu M2 Note appears to be a bit ahead. It boast a bigger resolution screen, that 32 GB option, slimmer design and arguably better front camera. Based on my experience with the M1 Note, the camera is a bit better when you compare it to the Flash Plus especially with the selfie cam. The M2 Note also uses a newer chip called the MediaTek MT6753 compared to the Mediatek MT6752M of the AFP. The GPU of the AFP and battery is bigger and more powerful against the M2 Note though.
The pricing for the 16 GB version of the devices should be around the same as the M2 Note will be a bit pricier for sure when it arrived the country.
It's a tough call for me as both have their advantage and disadvantages on paper. Now what do you think guys? Share your thoughts below.