Foodpanda Philippines (www.foodpanda.ph) celebrated its 1st anniversary through a fun-filled party last June 6, 2015 at URBN Fort Strip, Bonificio Global City. During the event, WeChat Philippines also launched their free rewards program.
|Happy birthday, Food Panda|
According to Foodpanda Philippines CEO and Co-Founder Mauro Cocchieri, “This is more of a thanksgiving night, to recognize all the hard work and dedication that everyone has bought in to and for the company. Foodpanda won’t be able to achieve this milestone without the men and women working day in and day out for the company”.
Cocchieri added that Foodpanda’s success all boils down to excellent customer service. “This is also for all the hungry pandas who never fail to use Foodpanda to satisfy their cravings. Without the customers who regularly use our service, we won’t be here. So big thanks to them”, he mentioned.
Foodpanda WeReward’s its customers
True to their promise of convenience and customer satisfaction, Foodpanda is also announcing an exciting partnership with WeChat, a mobile plus social media campaign perfect for “deal-lovers”.
Known as WeReward, WeChat and Foodpanda give back to users by rewarding them for completing simple daily tasks, such as making a short voice or video call on WeChat. Users are rewarded by accumulating WeChat points along the way, and using these to redeem awesome giveaways, discounts, and other benefits from partner merchants. From Foodpanda, users get up to P300 worth of discounts via 100-peso food vouchers which can be used with select restaurants in Metro Manila and Cebu. The Php100 voucher has a minimum purchase of Php200, so imagine paying only half of your meal via WeReward.
Apart from Foodpanda, WeChat has partnered with Lazada.com.ph where they will give Php100 off (with no minimum purchase on Lazada’s mobile app. For those who want to have a night out, WeChat has partnered with top clubs in the metro, Raven and URBN in BGC where users will get free entrance and one (1) alcoholic drink upon entrance. For the sports savvy, Runtastic will be giving 50% off on their armbands. WeReward will run until July 30, 2015.
Take a selfie with the panda—the foodpanda selfie challenge!
On the other hand, for “selfie-lovers” who enjoy taking photos of themselves, or with their friends and family, will surely have a great time joining the “foodpanda turns 1 selfie contest”.
“This will have food lovers, and of course, foodpanda users, posing with our delivery riders once their food is delivered. We want to create something that will go viral, and with food and social media, we are sure that we will get this out of the contest,” Julien Machal, foodpanda Philippines’ Head of Marketing said.
The mechanics of the contest are as follows and will run from June 8 2015 until July 5 2015:
1. Customer must order on www.foodpanda.ph and take a selfie with the foodpanda rider or mascot
2. Customer can choose from Facebook (facebook.com/foodpandaphilippines), Instagram (@foodpanda_ph) or WeChat (foodpanda)
3. Customer must follow and tag foodpanda's official Facebook and Instagram page
4. For those who will use WeChat, they need to follow foodpanda Philippines' official WeChat account (foodpanda) and post their photo on their WeChat Moments. After posting, customer must send a screenshot of the photo showing the number of likes it accumulated every Sunday, 9 AM, to foodpanda's official WeChat account via message to qualify for the weekly announcement of winners
5. For Facebook and Instagram, customer must tag 5 friends for the post to be valid
6. All entries via Facebook, Instagram, and WeChat should contain the hash tag #foodpandaturns1
7. The top three (3) posts that have the most number of likes across Facebook, Instagram, and WeChat will be chosen as winners and will receive the following prizes:
1st prize: Fuji film Instax Mini 8 with free prints
2nd & 3rd prize: foodpanda food vouchers worth 1,000.00
8. For Facebook and Instagram entries, uploading of photos will be from Monday to Saturday of the current week and winners will be announced every Monday, 10 AM, of the following week
9. For WeChat Moment entries, sending of screenshot will be from Monday to Saturday of the current week and winners will be announced every Monday, 10 AM, of the following week
10. Winners will be posted on foodpanda's official Facebook and Instagram pages, and will be sent via WeChat blast
A year of success and many more in the bag
“It really has been a year of great things for foodpanda. From the immense growth in terms of customer usage and restaurant inventory, to City Delivery’s acquisition, to foodpanda being the market leader in the online food ordering and delivery industry, we are really thankful for all the support that everyone has shown us”, added Cocchieri.
When asked what’s in store for foodpanda?
“A better foodpanda is coming. Faster than ever, and of course, choices. We are cooking up something for all of you, hungry pandas, so stay tuned”, Cocchieri finished.