Earlier, ASUS announced their latest smartphone at the Computex and it's called the ZenFone Selfie. It looks very much like the ZenFone 2 at 5.5 FHD, but this time it has a much improved front camera shooter at f/2.0 13 MP w/ Wide Angle Lens and Dual Tone LED Flash!
|ZenFone Selfie! See what others can't see? :)|
Under the hood, this phone packs a 64 bit Snapdragon 615 processor, 2 / 3 GB RAM 16 / 32 GB expandable to 64 GB ROM, 3000 mAh Li Po non removable battery and Android 5.0 Lollipop on board.
ZenFone Selfie Specs
- Display: 5.5 inches Full HD display w/ Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (probably at 1.5 GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB expandable up to 64 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f/2.0 w/ Dual Tone Flash and laser autofocus
- Front Camera: 13 MP f/2.2 w/ 24 mm 88 degree Wide Angle Lens and Dual Tone LED Flash
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Po Non-removable battery
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Connectivity: WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, LTE
- Price: TBC
What makes this handset more interesting is the rear camera also appears to be upgraded. It now boast an f/2.0 13 MP shooter with Dual Tone Flash and laser auto focus ala LG G3! According to a report by jamonline, this new smartphone from ASUS is also capable of packing a selfie swing where you can use a tripod for taking selfies and the laser auto focus can take photos faster than any camera. We'll find our more about it once we have it at hand.
While we don't have the official pricing and availability of the unit. I'm speculating that this phone could be priced really low for the features and specs considering the innovation ASUS did with the ZenFone 2.
I'm sure that most of us are now excited about this great development.