I just got a word from Audio Technica Philippines that the headphone that I'm going to review for www.headfonics.com, the ATH MSR7 will arrive in the Philippines this May! It will retail at just PHP 13,799 and will be available at The Listening Room Megamall, Egghead Audiohub, Golden Sound Viramall, Listen Up Glorietta and Classic Hi-Fi Cebu.
This is the first headphone from Audio Technica that I saw with a Hi-Res Audio badge that we often see with Sony products. Don't get me wrong most ATH products above PHP 5K has Hi-Res audio quality even without that badge. This headphone has a frequency response of 5-40,000 Hz, multi layered air daming technology to boost the mids and low frequencies and that true motion high res 45 mm drivers to ensure great audio quality.
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 5-40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 2,000 mW
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Weight: 290 g
- Cable: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') standard cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') standard cable, detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable with in-line controls and microphone for smartphones
- Connector: 3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug, L-shaped
- Accessories Included: Protective pouch
- Type (Microphone): Condenser
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 50 - 4,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone): Omnidirectional
I'll be playing around with it in the next few days and watch out for our review very soon at www.headfonics.com. It is also available in black and gun-metal grey colors.