Gionee has officially announced another ultra-slim smartphone called Elife S7. It may not be as thin as their previous releases (and as we have expected), Gionee's head of GLobal Marketing, Oliver Sha, pointed out that "The race to make the slimmest smartphone was getting out of hand. Going so slim is actually not benefiting user experience without the performance to back it up."
|Gionee Elife S7|
The Gionee Elife S7 sports a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display, and is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek 6752 processor. It also features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, 13MP rear camera, 8MP front camera and 2,750 mAh battery.It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Display: 5.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED
- Processor: 64-bit 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek 6752 chipset
- GPU: Mali-T760MP2
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP, autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 2750mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio, microUSB v2.0,
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, SD card slot
- Thickness: 5.55mm
Gionee promises two full days on charge with the combination of Sensor Hub supplied by Freescale (which will wake the CPU less often) and the supplied dark theme for another 30% drop in power consumption.
The handset will be released in Macau on March 18th then in India on April 3rd. Gionee also plans to roll out the handset globally for 400 EUR or USD. Let's just wait for further announcements.