While most people think that the January 15 event is the release of either the Mi 4s or the Mi5, we might be wrong. According to reports the Chinese giant is said to launch the follow up tot heir first phablet that will be called the Redmi Note 2. The device together with the specs were listed already according to a well known re-seller of Chinese smartphones too.
|Is this the Redmi Note 2?|
Xiaomi's next phablet has an elegant sleek design... "world's first curved glass body"
The possible design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 could be very similar in form with the Mi 4 that's really good looking. It replaces the blocky feel of the original Redmi Note to give the said device a more premium design.
- Display: 5.5 Inches Full HD 1080p
- Processor: 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (octa core cortex A53) or MediaTek MT6752
- GPU: Adreno 306
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 / 32 GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with Dual LED
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 3,100 mAh capacity
- OS: Android 4.4 Kitkat with the new MIUI version
- Connectivity: WiFi / Bluetooth / LTE / 3G
- Dimensions: 159 x 82 mm
- Price: International Price of $249 (Around PHP 11,191.93) but could be cheaper in Chinese Versions
In our previous report the phablet has a 5.5 inch display, but to this new listing the Redmi Note 2 could have a slightly bigger 5.7 inches of screen at 108-p. Aside from that this might have a 2.5D glass with curves on the edges and the back of the phone will have a glass back too. The dimensions isn't clear yet, but based on the images show the device should have a very slim design too.
What do you think guys? Is this the new Redmi Note 2?