Lenovo just announced a very affordable LTE capable phone called the A6000. It is a 5 inch HD 720p (294 ppi) powered Android 4.4 Kitkat (Vibe UI 2.0) smartphone that has LTE capability and a very thin body at just 8.2mm.
It will also be powered by a pretty capable 1.2 GHz of quad core snapdragon 410 processor, 1 GB of RAM, Adreno 306 GPU, 8 / 2 MP of rear and front cameras, 8 GB of expandable internal storage and 2,300 mAh of battery capacity.
- Display: 5 inches HD at 1280 x 720 px (294 ppi)
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad core
- GPU: Adreno 306
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB expandable via microSD card slot
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: 2,300 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4 Kitkat with Vibe 2.0 UI
- Connectivity: WiFi / 3G / LTE / HSPA+ / Bluetooth 4.0 / GPS
- Price: Rs. 8,999 (around PHP 6,500.00)
With those specifications the device should compete well with the likes of Redmi 2S, Redmi 1S and a bunch of other smartphones at that price point. Lenovo A6000 will be priced at just Rs. 8999 which is around PHP 6,500.00. What I'm hoping is we'll get the same price once this device arrives in the Philippine shores.