Huawei is working on a mid-range smartphone that will be powered by a 64-bit Meditek SoC - the Huawei G628. It's the company's first 64 bit MediaTek smartphone that will feature 5-inch screen with 720p resolution, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera and 4G LTE.
The handset runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system with Emotion UI 2.3 and has a dual SIM capability.
- Display: 5-inch, 720 resolution
- Processor: 1.5GHz of Octa core processor with Mediatek MT6752 SoC Cortex A53 CPU
- RAM: 1GB
- Rear Camera: 8MP with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.4 with Emotion UI 2.3
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, TD-LTE and TD-SCDMA network support
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Price: 1000 Yuan (around $160 or Php7.2K)
As expected, the handset will launch in China for 1000 Yuan (around Php 7.2K, when converted) . Availability to other markets is unknown yet.