As we have reported earlier this month, Asus announced two new Android smartphones during the CES 2015 event - the Zenfone 2 and the Zenfone Zoom - both sporting 5.5-inch display.
|5.5-inch Zenfone 2|
Just recently, a Taiwanese website called Sogi revealed that Asus is planning to release a 5-inch variant of the Zenfone 2 starting March. While 5.5-inch Zenfone 2 is offered with up to 4GB of RAM, we're not sure if this will also apply to the upcoming variant. If we're expecting the 5-inch variant to have a similar set of specs with its bigger brother, then it will have these features: 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor, Android 5.0 Lollipop with Zen UI, LTE connectivity, 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. For your reference, I've included the specs of 5.5-inch Asus Zenfone 2 below.
5-inch Asus Zenfone 2 Specifications
- Display: 5- inches HD IPS 1280 x 720 resolution w/ Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Intel Z2560 Atom dual core processor
- GPU: 533 MHz Intel HD
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3-1600 RAM
- ROM: 16 GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- Rear Camera: 8 MP
- Front Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: Li-Po 3,000mAh
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop w/ Asus Zen UI
- Connectivity: LTE Cat. 4 150 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS. AGPS support, Single SIM
- Price: PHP 7,995
It is expected that the 5-inch variant will be cheaper than the 5.5-inch Asus Zenfone 2 which costs $200.