Just today, Xiaomi CEO, Lei Jun, has confirmed that Xiaomi is set to release a "youth version" of the Xiaomi Mi4 at a lower price. According to sources, the company plans to retail it at 1799 Yuan (Php 13,201.99, if directly converted).
The youth variant of the Xiaomi Mi4 will retain the Snapdragon 801 processor, LTE and 32 GB memory. The only reported hardware change as of writing is the reduction of the 3GB RAM to 2 GB. If that's the case, here is the projected specs of the handset.
- Display: 5-inch 1080p Sharp / JDI OGS full lamination
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz quad-core
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 32GB
- Camera: 13MP rear and 8MP front Sony stacked CMOS camera
- Battery: 3080 mAh, Lithium-ion polymer
- OS: Android 4.4.3 KitKat
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Xiaomi will launch the Mi4 Youth to rival the Meizu MX4 that will also be sold at the same price point. Hopefully Xiaomi will release this low-cost Mi4 before Christmas!
Interested to purchase the handset? What are your thoughts? Comment below.