Gionee launches a mid-range and affordable smartphone in India called the Marathon M3. The handset sports a 5-inch IPS display (720 x 1280 pixels) and is powered by 1.3 GHz MediaTek quad-core processor. What's notable with this handset is the huge 5000 mAh battery capacity. It can provide 32.8 days stand-by time and up to 32.4 hours of talk-time.
It also features 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB expandable internal memory, 8 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera and dual SIM capabilities.
Marathon M3 Specifications
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS OGS display, 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, 294 ppi
- Processor: 1.3 GHz MediaTek quad-core
- GPU: Mali-400MP2 GPU
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 8 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: 5,000 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Connecitivity: 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, FM Radio, USB OTG
- SIM: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Dimensions: 144.5 x 71.45 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
It is expected to be available in India soon for $210 (around 12,999 INR or Php 9.5K). Local availability is unknown yet. Would you like to avail this smartphone? Comment your thoughts below.