Samsung officially introduced in China a mid-range smartphone under the Core series that sports a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display - the Galaxy Core Max. The Galaxy core Max is technically larger in size when compared to other smartphones from the Core Series but it's rather small when compared to the company flagship devices.
The handset features 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of expandable internal memory, 8 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera (both with wide angle sensors), LTE connectivity, dual SIM support and 2200 mAh battery. The Galaxy Core Max runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI. Based on the photo released, it will be available in White color.
Galaxy Core Max Specifications
- Display: 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display, 540 x 960 qHD Resolution
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core
- RAM: 1 GB of RAM
- ROM: 8GB, Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 8MP with auto-focus and flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 2200 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI
- Connectivity: GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, WiFi 802.11 b//g/n, LTE connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro SIM card)
- Dimensions: 136.3 x 69.6 x 8mm
- Weight: 132 grams
Samsung has not revealed yet how much the handset will retail nor the other markets it will target aside from China.