Microsoft first revealed the Microsoft Band yesterday. Now, the company made it available in the US market for $199. The Band is a fitness band wearable (obviously not a smartwatch) developed by Microsoft itself. It's pretty much like Samsung's Gear Fit but the wearable sports a more conservative design.
The Band's goal is to help people "live healthier and be more productive". With this wearable, it can help you reach your fitness goal by tracking your daily and physical activities and review your workout stats. It also comes with expert-guided workout routines, 24-hour heart rate tracker and sleep tracker.
The Band can also notify you about your incoming e-mails - you won't need to open your phones nor your laptops while you are in a public place. You can also sync the Band with your calendar on your phone, preview incoming calls, text, social updates and more, and see incoming text messages. Oops, that one is really jam packed with features!
The Band is compatible with Windows Phone 8.1, Android 4.3 and above, and iOS 7.1 and 8.
- Display: 0.43" x 1.30" (11mm x 33mm), Touch-enabled TFT full-color display
- ROM: 64MB internal storage
- Processor: ARM Cortex M4 MCU
- Band size: width: 0.75", thickness: 0.34" (19mm x 8.7mm)
- Band materials: Thermal plastic elastomer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 (Low Energy)
- Buttons: 2 physical buttons
- Compatibility: Windows Phone 8.1 update3 with Bluetooth, iOS 7.1 and 8, Android 4.3-4.4 devices with Bluetooth
- Battery: Type: 2 x 100mAh rechargeable Lithium ion
- Connector: Magnetically coupled connector to USB
- Water resistance: Sweat- and splash-resistant4
- App: Microsoft Health App
- Additional technology: Microphone, Haptic vibration motor
- Sensors: Optical heart rate sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, Gyrometer, GPS, Ambient light sensor, Skin temperature sensor, UV sensor, Capacitive sensor, Galvanic skin response
- Weight: 2.12 ounces (60 g)
Local availability is unknown yet. I'm pretty sure you're very excited to know when it will land in the Philippines. Planning to buy one? Comment your thoughts below.