All Android fans, tech enthusiasts, geeks, gadget lovers and even non-fans surely awaited this news or rather it is "accidentally leaked" in the Google Play Store which is the upcoming Google Nexus 5.
Surely it will be manufactured with LG again as they have tied up with Google for this. The Nexus products were known for their build quality, affordable price, awesome features and first to have updates.
Google Play Incident
Here is a circulating image which the Nexus 5 was revealed:
|Moments when the Nexus 5 was leaked in the Google Play Store according to sources|
The Nexus 5 showed up in the Google Play Store itself and displays a description in the card saying - "Capture the everyday and the epic in fresh new ways. Starting at $349". After a time the item was turned down and replaced by the current Nexus flagship - Nexus 4. Actually the price is cheap compare to other phones in the market given with the quality, specs and updates you can get.
And of course, everyone is waiting for the release of the upcoming Android Kitkat 4.4 for the new Nexus 5:
Who wouldn't want a bite of this irresistible new Android Kitkat 4.4 flavor? I am excited for the next update of my Galaxy Nexus (yes, it'll be supported by the next update, which I like about having a Nexus device. Also, owners will have the fastest upgrades or updates to these new Android OS).
What to expect in the new Android Kitkat 4.4? Well the possible updates will be the new flatter icons, huge optimizations to work on faster and smoother. It will work in most lower end devices or even legacy ones too.
Here are the expected/rumored specifications in the upcoming release of Nexus 5:
- Display: 5 inches Full HD display, 442 ppi (potentially 4.97-inch)
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 16 GB (there could be another model too)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP auto-focus camera with OIS
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP
- Battery: 2300 mAh with support for wireless charging
- OS: Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Connectivity: WiFi / LTE / Bluetooth
- Sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity, light, barometer, orientation
- Others: Multiple LTE bands - support for Verizon (not confirmed), AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile; Pentaband HSPA+ (works across the globe), NFC
- Dimensions: 131.9 mm x 68.2 mm x 8.6mm (thickness not confirmed yet)
White Nexus 5
|White Nexus 5 (photocredits to: CtechCN.com)|
For the casing, the Nexus 5 is better than the Nexus 4 as the Nexus 5 covers the whole body with white or black. The older version Nexus 4 White edition has only the white back cover which seem not so exciting.
Google Play Event
Nexus 5 is expected to be released on the upcoming Google Play event. It will be on October 24, 2013 in New York, 7 PM. It is anticipated that Google will reveal its new products and services or maybe more updates.
What do you think of the new Nexus 5? Feel free to comment below about what can you say in this Nexus revelation?