How disappointing is it whenever you are told that you can’t dye your hair because it is rebonded? Well, it is an annoying fact! When rebonding your hair, a strong chemical is being applied to straighten it. Your hair will become even but damaged and sensitive enough that you don’t want to put another chemical like hair coloring products.
Shine Most Henna Wax
I have to live with it until I came across Shine moist Henna wax when I pass by at HBC to buy something else; technically, it is like a conditioning treatment but it also colors the hair. I have tried it and it is really amazing. It comes with different colors just like the one offered in salon but the shade isn’t as vivid as real hair coloring products. The point is, even if your hair is damaged you can still experience coloring your hair while conditioning it at the same time. Plus you can change your hair color like every month. Isn't it fun!
Thought I’m not sure if there are other options over the counter, I've only tried Shine Moist Henna Wax. This treatment is so easy to do.
Item: Shine Moist Henna Wax
Price: 200 php
Where to Buy: Department Stores, HBC
Perks: It comes with a plastic gloves & shower cap.
- Make sure to use plastic gloves to avoid staining your nails.
- Avoid using white towels; it would be great if you have a spare towel because it will definitely stain it.
If your hair is as long as my hair ( pls. see pictures below) or even longer use two sets of this product.
- Shampoo and towel dry hair until 75% dry.
- Apply color treatment beginning in 3mm from scalp and comb through the hair thoroughly.
- Keep hair moistened and heated with a steamer or heater for 30 mins.
- Allow hair to cool for 5 mins. before rinsing thoroughly until the water runs clear.
- Squeeze out excess water and apply conditioning. Rinse and leave it in the hair for at least 1 minute. (I prefer not to put conditioner or anything after)
- Rinse thoroughly with water, blow dry and style.
Results: Pictures with Flash
Results: Pictures w/o Flash
Results: Before & After
It is really a wonderful product and incredibly cheap. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and to you all :)